Upgrade Your Skin Care Routine for 2022!
Posted February 15, 2022 in Skincare
3 Minute Read:
How are you doing with those New Year’s resolutions? Did you make any?
No worries — it’s never too late to turn a new leaf, and when it comes to taking proper care of your skin, it’s never too early to start.
No matter your age, if you want to improve or maintain the skin on your face, it makes sense to use the most high-quality skin care products available.
Is It Time to Throw Away Your Old Creams and Lotions?
Most consumer skin care brands do a good job of keeping your skin moisturized, and that’s important. However, if you are trying to address acne, sun damage, or signs of aging, or you merely desire a brighter complexion, you might want to look into medical-grade skin care products.
Also, be sure to check the expiration dates on all your skin care products. While using them may not cause harm, the ingredients break down over time and lose their effectiveness.
What Are the Advantages of Medical-Grade Skin Care Products?
Lotions, creams, gels, and serums come in many different price ranges, and unless they are formulated with scientifically tested, medical-grade ingredients, you can expect similar results from most of them.
Simply put, professional products endorsed by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists provide the most protection and produce far better results than those available at the drugstore or beauty supply shop.
These anti-aging and preventative products can effectively:
- Brighten a dull complexion
- Protect aging skin
- Minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Address hyperpigmentation
- Improve skin texture and minimize the visibility of acne
- Smooth skin damaged by the sun
- Preserve and enhance the effects of professional skin care procedures
4 Highly Effective Medical-Grade Skin Care Products
- SkinMedica® by Allergan was created by world-renowned dermatologist Richard E. Fitzpatrick, MD, after almost two decades of research and clinical trials. Its clinically proven ingredients, including hyaluronic acid, essential fatty acids, growth factors, retinoids, antioxidants, and other collagen enhancers, provide comprehensive treatment and keep skin looking healthy and radiant.
- Obagi® Medical Products, Inc. is an international skin care-based pharmaceutical company founded in 1988 by leaders in the skincare industry. Obagi® products are designed to treat prematurely-aging skin, acne, hyperpigmentation, skin damaged by time and the sun.
- Epionce® by Episciences, Inc. spent over 20+ years researching and developing this highly effective, non-prescription, comprehensive, and innovative skin care line. Epionce® is designed to rejuvenate skin with a proprietary blend of key botanical ingredients. When used correctly, these products reveal healthier-looking smoother, more radiant skin and help defy the visible effects of aging.
- SkinBeautica Peptide-9™ restores lost collagen using nine bio-identical peptides that naturally stimulate collagen growth for firmer, smoother skin. This treatment can be used alone or after collagen triggering procedures such as microneedling.
Where to Find Medical Grade Skin Care Products
If you want plastic surgeon-approved, medical-grade skin care products, you’re not going to find them at your local cosmetic store. These professional-strength solutions are only carried by dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and medical spas.
Want to Learn More Medical-Grade Skin Care Products in Reno?
Dr. Louis A. Bonaldi provides these advanced skin care brands at his Reno plastic surgery practice, and his friendly staff is happy to answer any questions you may have.